Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Essential Conversations to Have with Your Children

If you turn off the radio while driving your first-grader to school, you may have a conversation like this:

"Mom, can we mummify some of our pets?" (Our sole pet is a parakeet, by the way.)

"No."

"Please? I'll hook out the brains."

"Ew. No."

"And Dad can remove the organs, such as the liver and lungs!"

"Probably not going to happen."

"Dylan can salt the body and let it sit for 40 days. All you have to do is rub it with scented (she pronounced it 'seen-ted') oils."

"We'll worry about it when the time comes."

I guess she likes the book about mummies I bought her for Christmas. Hopefully the parakeet doesn't die for a few more years.

3 comments:

  1. That is hilarious and disgusting! Today I was trying to tell the kids what nerds are like for "nerd day" and I felt like I had to stop before offending them since some of their favorite hobbies are reading, playing with calculators and wearing glasses they don't need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a girl. I keep meaning to tell you how smart Abby was when I was subbing in Primary a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't surprised, of course, but it was fun to watch her give thoughtful answers to the questions during sharing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! So funny. Tell her the next animal that dies here I will send her way to mummify. I respect her curiosity!

    ReplyDelete